This Madness.

by Thursday, May 14, 2009 10 palagay
Please forgive me after this.

I start blogging at fifteen. With no proper understanding why I blog, I made it a habit to keep track of my life as a senior high school student. I would type in haste without checking proper punctuations, subject-verb agreements, grammar and tenses that well, in fact, is still a major illness of my present blog. I write almost anything under the sun. From teachers to dreams to classmates to seminary studies to lousy thoughts. No reservations, just pure candidness of an innocent senior student from a public high school. When I re-read my posts from 2006 to early 2008, I would find my self laughing at my own foolish attempts to write. So childish. So lame.

Oh well, that was me. Years ago.

Three fucking blogging years. Three clumsy years wasting web spaces on free blogging sites.
Moved from a blogsite to another then to another one again. Lurked from blog to blog until I learned the trade of exchanging links. Met virtual friends, encouraged a handful to start their own. teachers. students. conyos. religious. socialists. OFWs. call center agents. photographers. writers. ordinary people from all walks of life. I became one of them in due time. blogger.

This has been my addiction in the same way that any teen boy would be hooked to basketball and Warcraft. In writing, I have carved memories. This has been my comfort zone when there is no place for me to hide and no shoulder for me to cry on. It is in here that I learned more about life and its many twisted lanes. If I have not tried blogging, there would be a different me. Way too different to the one who wrote this entry.

My writing has evolved. From the boyish story-telling way, I became a trying -hard existentialist. Now, I write on mood swings and not on daily basis. What I write are worse that trash. I write about rants, frustrations, losses, bitterness and shallow loneliness. I share parts of my shadow, only to find out that many people are ready to shed me glimpses of light. I am thankful in a way.



Why do I write? Because writing has been my only consolation. I write on blog to hide all my fears away. Because I need to look strong. Because I need to look happy and contented all the time. When life stone me with so many struggles, I have to look smart and battle-ready like a spartan that goes to war at any give time. I need to act as a normal human because deep inside, confusion strikes me everywhere. I do not want others to feel my pain. Because I believe, or assume that ,I am strong. Strong enough to bear everything. Turmoil pains me to the bones and instead of crying, I would resort to writing. I am the happiest person that you may know, but again, that is only one side of me. Beneath this mask are regrets, a life ruined and created by series of events.

So what is the point of all of these rants and pointless sentences? Nothing in particular. It's just that I am a little tired of this kind of life I am leading right now. Midnight travels, jacket collections, marlboro blue, 3 AM lunch breaks, few hours of sleep. Tired of being tagged as superman. (but mind you, even superman has kryptonite.) Tired of staying wide awake torn between thinking about returning to school, coming to work, paying the bills and leading a life I have been ever dreaming of.

I do not know what my future holds for me right now. As of now, I am still stacked in the usual routine of handling customer complaints, forgetting important dates and blogging in wrong grammar.

Three years and still counting. Same old shit.

Yas Jayson

Panig sa Diyos at Bayan

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

10 palagay:

Jinjiruks said...

lol. ayus nga lahat ng entry mo yas. wag ka ngang negative dyan. ikaw naman ang gumagawa ng sariling mong kwento sa iyong buhay. be the master of your destiny.

RJ said...

Ang dami na namang mga lihim ang naibunyag dito sa post na 'to...

Siguro bored ka Yas... Tulad mo, nagsasawa rin ako sa routine ng buhay. Pero gusto ko pa ring mabuhay.

Visual Velocity said...

Kelan ka ulit mag-a-upload ng Tagalog na post? The best yung mga Tagalog entries mo, lalo na yung Agua de Mayo atsaka yung Dagli. :-)

Jmar said...

I started blogging at 12 years old and that was four years ago. Now, I think I have developed more when it comes to writing and blogging. And I guess I have learned a lot from blogging.

Anonymous said...

same old shit is actually my mantra. SSDD. never been better after adapting it.

i am a grammar oc. and reading your post makes me cringe. but this is my first comment. so yeah, i'll spare you the friggin' nitpicking.
plus the fact that you're still 17. you're still young and you will master the english grammar eventually.

cheers!

postscript: it's gryffindor.

Yas Jayson said...

@jinjurks: haha. thanks. salamat sa pagtitiwala.

@rj: tama. kapag english ang post ko, bored ako. haha

@andy: malapit na... matutulog muna ako. lol

@jmar: same same. I learned a lot from blogging. salamat sa pagdaan!

@lio: welcome man! haha inaamin ko, english ang ginagamit ko kapag bored ako at hindi ako mahilig sa grammar. alam mo na, usual weakness. lol. anyways, salamat sa pagdaan. alam ko babalik ka para magproof read ulet ng gawa ko. apir! same old shit... honga no. nakita ko sa blog mo . haha

<*period*> said...

salamat sa post mo,unti unti kong maibabalik ang dating paraan ko ng pagsusulat...

salamat sa makabagbagdamdaming pamamaalam ng almost lover ko na itago natin sa pangalang kenny, siguro naman may sapat na akong lakas para makapagsulat muli

Mikee_LeeLing said...

ikaw ang nagbukas ng pinto ko sa Blog world. . . hehehe. . .

everytime na mag babasa ako ng sulat mo. . . i'm really amaze. . . galing galing mo. . . hehehe. . .

be safe always. . .

miss yah friend. . . ^_^

Anonymous said...

well-said ^_^ I miss reading you entries ngaun lang ulet aq naka visit

Yffar'sWorld said...

writing has also been my way of venting all my frustrations in life.