Some things are greater than myself.
Four days after rendering my resignation and setting my mind that I will be leaving the group, I received a message from him telling me that my resignation was denied and that we need to talk the soonest. I thought I would stand on my conviction never to return whatever his response may be. So I am eating my words up for the second time (the first is work related). I remain.
Plans were concrete in my mind. Quit serving, focus on work and get back to school. Quitting youth ministry does not mean I do not want to get involved with my parish because I love every bit of it. Working so that I can help my sister meeting our family's needs is my noblest responsibility. Isama mo pa dyan ang pagbalik ko sa skwela. My body begins to show signs of having a hard time coping with all of these. See, hindi ako pinanganak na si superman. I cannot wear too many hats.
So plans didn't materialize. Epic fail. Then yesterday taught me that some truths are greater than ourselves. Because the more I distance my self to the responsibility, the greater the load and pressure becomes.
When running away from his duty to convert Nineveh, Jonah was swallowed by a big whale. Elijah sought refuge on the mountains when persecuted by Jezebel only to find out that on where he exactly was, his god was there too. Actually, I wrote my resignation with a heavy heart. I didn't know that I was losing the point but on the time that I became lost, I stayed where I was until He found me. I admit that I am weak in saying no to Him but I also know that in my weakest point, the beauty of life unfolds. I may sound too spiritual in here but sometimes, things are just like that. I accepted the invitation to lead the group full time for one more year along with the kolboy and studyante roles that I play. Find this being proud, I consider it as a duty to myself and to the young people whom God has entrusted to me. Naks. Anyabang. Haha.
Epekto siguro ito ng pagbabasa ng Harry Potter ng paulit-ulit.
Next time na ang mas maayos na post. Sa lahat ng nagtatanong, okay ako. Super okay. :D
Katulad ng lagi kong sinasabi.
Yas Jayson
Panig sa Diyos at BayanTo see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

9 palagay:
pahiram ng Harry Potter para magaya ako sa iyo.
haaays.
tama ka parekoy,
its really hard to Say No!
pero sige lang ng sige.
Just follow your heart and you'll never regret!
gudlak sau kaya mo yan aja aja
yah. like Leroy > Elias. yay. haha
this was actually one of my biggest struggles when i left my own ministry a few years back. ewan ko ba. perhaps i'm a spiritual sell-out.
hmm..puwede ka naman kasi 'di ba bumalik ng min kung okei ka na kasi ulit..kasi kung may concerns ka sa pagseserve mo, then you may not be giving your 100% to God and your ministry..eh dapat pag nagseserve ka buo at tama ang puso mo..i may sound preachy here pero naranasan ko na yan..it's too hard serving na may "baggages" kang dala and lalo na, serving just for the sake of the Ministry itself, the people around you, and worst--just for the sake of doing it..so just it through..mas masarap pa rin magserve.. ^_^
where you are happy then go for it but remember that in any of your decisions you must answer it to God.
hindi ko kayang pagsabayin nag pag-aaral at pagtratrabaho. mamamatay ako. kudos sayo nagawa mo yun :D
@kuya jin:
o yes, kapag nagkita tayo. soooon! :D
@Kosa:
wow, parang once in your life hindi ka din nakatanggi sa kanya. hehe. hmm. mukhang marami pa kong dapat malaman.
@rico:
oh yes, sayo din.
@leroy:
ikr.
@kuya Nyl:
kitams? haha. thanks, i know now that i am not alone in this situation. hehe.
@odd blood:
noted. true, you need to be full time and without "baggages". but i know he will make a way. besides, he is the one who called. he should do a way. :D
@melody: wow. ang sipag ng sekretarya ni mon. apir!
yes, that is noted. thanks.
@ferbert:
thanks. thanks!
Post a Comment