(This is for as partial fulfillment to the subject Kane harassed me to write about but I gladly did. LOL)
Saturday night. Rainy. Three boys waiting for me to join them. Apparently, stupidity kicked late. I never thought there will be a twin bar in Ortigas. Half hearted and half drunk, I went to the one nearest to me. Sorry Kane, next time I will know better.
I wore heavy perfume. Whore-y.
So my rite of initiation began when I hailed a cab to bring me there. It was past two thirty. I remembered Alicia Keys when she sang these streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you. The lights were bright. Ultra bright to be exact. I thought to myself this is where my taxes go. I laughed to the idea. No, this is not New York. This is Malate.
So the boys who will perform the rite of initiation picked me up. Jap and Aaron are fine bloggers. Fine 'nuff said. We took seats on a karaoke bar before going to the bar. I had fun listening to the beefy man who sang Whitney Houston. He deserved a half-standing ovation from everyone in the bar. They asked me to sing which is the last thing you will ask me of. They are adamant and so insisting that it left me no choice but to think of a song to quack. I sang Next in Line. I dedicated it to highschool boys who will go after me on this place. I wish them luck. Real good luck.
After finishing my Glee-ish song performance, we went straight to Obar. Opening the door, I got blinded. No, not because of the neon and par lights. It was the crowd that overwhelmed me. Talk about overpopulation.
Several men would tease me to dance. I didn't plan to meet any other else there. I just want the feel of it. Like smelling flowers in a park. My guardians who supposed to block me from strangers and what nots decided to isolate me and do their own dancing and all that is in between. So the next sentences is about the plan screwed up. Yes ladies and gentlemen, after twenty minutes of shy dancing and corner standing without looking at anyone in particular, boy meets boy. I met his gaze and he met my accidental smile. I never knew how to do formal introductions in bar setting so to my relief, he told me his name. It is Sam. Nineteen like me. Studies in San Sebastian. Fairly good looking. Okay, cute it is. So I have a dancing buddy now. Err, more than that to be politically correct. He told me that he was in the same karaoke bar and saw me when I arrived. I told him that I cannot recognize because of my nervousness. We had good talk about his ex who cannot move on and was dancing in the other bar.
We partied til five am, did occasional kisses blah blah blah. Sam asked for my number which I gave with hesitation. So my guardian brothers asked me to wrap the night. What happened in Malate stays there said Jap. No dears, nothing happened to us after the party. He came by in the afternoon and had good conversation. See, this is me keeping my virtues. LOL
That day, I believed in subjunctive history.
I have met a fine boy in a party. I do not know if I still have M. God knows if he still reads my blog. Whichever, I am not ready for anything yet. Not just yet.
So I think I passed Clubbing 101. Let's see if Clubbing 102 next semester is something to look forward to. Or should I really have to take that too?
(Wink.)


8 palagay:
Haha. It was quite a night. =) Til the next time Yas.
Aaaat nagkita pala kayo ni kuya after. Haha. Noice.
sana hindi ka nadala. hahahaha! :))
Each of us has a different reason that leads us to the dance floor, some more illicit than others. Mine has been, and will always be, to lose myself in the music. The half-dazed trance that, yes, makes me feel brand new. See you around brother. Who knows, maybe next time in that little piece of fleeting heaven on earth we call Malate. :)
The stories that are left untold are always the more interesting ones, aren't they Yas?
=)
Kane
wow, nice! ako di ko kaya yang mga ginawa mo. takot ako kumanta in front of people, and di ko kayang sumayaw mag-isa. i dance in bars but only when i'm with friends, i always stick with them. i can't dance on my own. di ko kaya mag-isa.
i envy you :)
nde ko rin siguro kaya un, at hindi ko na rin mararanasan in my lifetime. sorry pero nde ko alam kung may sense ba ang pagpupunta sa mga ganung lugar. sandaling kaligayaan and in the end, mag isa kana naman and the cycle of sadness continues..
@jinjiruks well i agree on that... if you're looking for a serious relationship e that's not the place to find it... i mean kung yun ang reason of going there.
ako i end up being sad after going there kasi nga i was looking for that pag pumupunta ako dun dati..
i'm not saying that it's not possible.. you can still find your "someone" but usually i don't find it there.
pero now i know better..
if you just wanna enjoy the beat, grab some bear and savor the moment kahit panandalian e just go ahead :)
Post a Comment