Last week, I resigned from a high paying job as a project manager for a financial company. I was having a promising career at twenty one - an office in a business tower, a number of staff, a strong financial knowledge of currency trading and global economy right from the scratch. Yet I resigned.
My mother was a community worker while my father worked as Red Cross volunteer in the Middle East. We were happy with a simple life. I am happy with a simple life. And like Mama, who wanted me to be priest, I want to go for broke.
On Wednesday, I will be leaving for Negros. There, I will get in touch with a farming community striving to live a dignified life. Next thing I know, I will be in Lanao del Norte, with our Lumads and Muslim brothers and sisters displaced by calamities and war. Then I will be in Bukidnon. And in Isabela. And in some dozens of places in the Pacific. I will be broken pieces flying all over the place, leaving hardly anything for myself, anything except God and love.
It is my mantra that deepest gladness shall meet the world's greatest needs. So here I am, trusting God to take care of Marc, that while I am away, he will grow in wisdom and love. For he is my refuge, that sanctuary, that safe little place in this troubling world that I can turn to when I am happiest or most troublesome.
I am leaving everything to grace. I am ready. Challenge accepted.
Dear reader, there are people in the world who know no misery and woe. And they take comfort in cheerful films about twittering birds and giggling elves. There are people who know that there's always a mystery to be solved. And they take comfort in researching and writing down any important evidence. But this story is not about such people. This story is about the Baudelaires. And they are the sort of people who know that there's always something. Something to invent, something to read, something to bite, and something to do, to make a sanctuary, no matter how small. And for this reason, I am happy to say, the Baudelaires were very fortunate indeed. - Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events

7 palagay:
@yas: oh, is this why you wanted to hangout last night? i'm sorry, but i was at my cousin's wake.. hopefully we could hangout and talk soon, right before you leave for Negros.
Di na tayo magkikita Elias. Pag balik mo, ibang iba ka na.
Iba na ang iyong ngiti, iba na ang iyong tingin. Nagbago ng lahat sa iyo...
Masaya ako para sa iyo. Life is one big adventure, and you're about to start. I await your stories when you come back.
Be brave honey. You and Marc are so young, you both wish see so much more of the world. I know it's not easy. But we do what we must.
Kane
i'm happy for you mate! I hope someday I'll have the same courage too! All the best!
i don't know what to say... hanga ako sayo kasama.
san ka man dalhin ng agos ng buhay, wag mo kalilimutan na may mga taong laging handang maghintay sa pagbabalik mo...
habang binabasa ko 'to naalala ko yung kanta ni Phil Collins - JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE.
dedicate ko yun sayo.
magiingat ka po parati.
Baa, susubukan. Gaya ng pagtanggap natin ng hamon, ng pag-asa sa likod nito... tanggapin mo rin sana ang kawalan natin ng katiyakan.
I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart; I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.
Baa, I wish I understood you more
Yas, we are all here for different purposes.
May you find your calling to be fruitful.
We will see you next time with arms wide enough to fill the gap between the stories and the anecdotes in your journey.
comdev worker ka? patulong naman sa project. hehe. good luck!
Post a Comment