Tanta vitae

by Monday, April 02, 2018 0 palagay

In my most honest conclusion, I think that there are very few people in this world who by the simplest fact that they walk on this earth, make everything around them more beautiful. I'd like to believe that such is the case with these two nuns, Sisters Joseph and Michelle.

Looking at them and listening to their stories, I know that no amount of bypass surgeries or periods of desolation that can take away the love that has become the meaning and motivation of all their radical toil: that singular and undivided love to Jesus, master and shepherd.

I'm reminded of a quote I read somewhere: "What is more disturbing to the status quo than an experienced elderly religious who cannot be controlled, cannot be threatened, cannot be punished, who is obscenely alive."

Sisters Joseph and Michelle. How obscenely alive before my eyes.


Nil magnum nisi bonum. Nothing is great unless good.

Happy Easter, everyone.

Yas Jayson

Panig sa Diyos at Bayan

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

0 palagay: