Last Song Syndrome

by Saturday, January 19, 2008 1 palagay
You sang the same old song-
I was happy you did.
Empty the lyrics may seem,
they fit your hands in mine.
Shocks, I can't believe you're once mine.
...and I was yours.
I did not mean to be short-witted.
I just did not understand.-
the song,
the rhtymn,
the way the wind brought you to me.
All is vague and colloid.
whirling around the same old path,
the same sin,
same lie,
and the same false conviction.
You just fade away,
like the leaves of the narra trees around me.
Winds carrying you away from the starting point,
and that is twentyfourth of every month.
But you still vibrate in my ears,
with the promise I made.
Ring in me,
resound your memories in my conciousness.
Play in my dreams.
then after lingering in my mind,
for months, years
and lifetime,
fade slowly...
...just like how you came to me.
[yas]

Yas Jayson

Panig sa Diyos at Bayan

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

1 palagay:

forevermonk said...

hey eyas,
this is cool!... poet ka pa pala.. nagustuhan ko siya... hhhm,,, i added you in my bloglinks para lagi kitang nakikita....hope you won't mind it. ingats ka kapatid! bless you!