An Empty Room and a Taxi Ride Home

by Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10 palagay
Afternoon.

I decided to come home to Marikina by Sunday evening. But I found my self sitting in a barber's chair having my hair cut. It was raining, quite wierdy for a week of hellish summer heat. I got soaked in the rain. Nevermind.
The next thing I knew, I was curling in my room alone, bored with Jessica Zafra's Twisted 6.

Then I slumbered. With plans in my head to wake up by 6:30 PM, go to the shop were I will ask for a replacement of a non-functional card reader, then hear Mass in the village chapel by 7:30.

The next thing I knew, it was already 7:50 when I awoke. The alarm clock already tires of snoozing. Dead hungry of the day's work.

I got up, washed my face, cleaned my glasses, tucked my almost empty wallet in to my shortpants then went to the shop in the nearby mall.

The next thing I knew, the saleslady already went home. The shop closed. Me pissed off.

Bought my favorite Nova Summer Salad junky , went to the nearby net shop to upload pictures to my multiply account. And because of the bad weather, the electricity went off then on then off. Madly, I asked the owner how much is my rent. Went out of the cafe.

The next thing I knew it was past eleven. Rain heavy pouring. No umbrella. Numb with cold.

I managed to grab a tricycle. Upon reaching the apartment, I saw Jeff packing most of his things because he's also going back home somewhere in Baclaran by next week. Up in the room, there was Tom, deep in his slumber.

My things are still in its place the way I left them. The unfixed bed, the hanging clothes, scattered books and dust, the overflowing laundry bin, the more overflowing ashtray Tom and I are too lazy to empty. The scene is almost perfect. It is almost home.

Then the next thing I knew, I was packing all my clothes in no-manner, only sorting used from the clean ones. I put all my books in a container, folded my beddings, cleaned the space that was now empty. Its just then that I realized, I have a handful of possesion.

[...]


Jeff's brother came with a pick-up. I was really planning to hitch since we have the [almost same way. But his things filled the whole trunk. No choice, I have to stick to plan A. Get a taxi ride home.

I asked them to give me a ride up to the village entrance so that I can fill my tummy. Lucky as I am, all karinderya and eatery are closed. No choice. I have to go home hungry.

I grabbed a taxi and return to the apartment, load my things up, give the place a last glimpse, turned off the lights and locked the door.

Then the next thing I knew, I was on my way home. Clutching my back pack. Practicing how to knock on the familiar and welcoming door.

At last, almost home.

Yas Jayson

Panig sa Diyos at Bayan

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

10 palagay:

lucas said...

badtrip talaga kapag hindi nag-alarm ang alarm clock. hehe! madalas akong biktima nyan when i was still attending college. i guess kelangan talagang matutunang makontrol ang body clocks natin..hehe!

nasa bahay ka na siguro. there's no place like home..:D

---
yeah. i'm a potter freak!

SECTUMSEMPRA!

Visual Velocity said...

Sounds like you had a bad day, ehehe.

Mikee_LeeLing said...

So many things happen that day. . .
read some familiar names. . .
3 na pala kayo sa apartment. . .

^_^

evrything will be alright. . .
Family is home. . .

for me. . .

Herbs D. said...

love the bokeh and composition on the taxi shot! :D

sumemr is sooo fucked up. me and my counsins had this theory that summer would start around early december.

p.s. i love the line before the last line.

Yas Jayson said...

@lucas: sinabi mo pa! tsk lahat nga ata ng late incidents ko sa ipos puro dahil sa alarm clock. ehe. potek, levicorpus!

@andy briones: hindi naman masyado. hehe melancholic lang tlga.

@mikee: tnx.

@Herbs: yeah, i love the last line too. thanks for dropping!

ALPSaguado.com said...

I like the taxi photo. You take nice pictures. :)

Bradpetehoops said...

Bad hair day. Have a nice day.

Yas Jayson said...

@alps: :D :D :D

@Bradpetehoops: thanks!

Anonymous said...

dead hungry = patay gutom?

ingglisan tayo ah.ü but I liked the prose.

God bless! (nahalata mo bang backreading ako? hehe...)

Yas Jayson said...

@bro.utoy: patay gutom nga. haha! oo, sobrang halata kuya na back-reading ang ginagawa mo. di ka talaga marunong magtago. haha :D