Transition lessons

by Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5 palagay
The good about training is that we start all over again. After sudden turn of events that we have no control of, I learned that, from observing my co-trainees' resentment and reactions, there are two types of person who are in the stage of "moving on".

There are the loud people. They are the ones who, in order to cope with loss and regret, resort to ranting and remembering. They keep on reminiscing the old times, the good happy ones. They repeat the words and the scripts they have remembered by heart and succumb to the nostalgia it brings. These people move on fast because after letting go of personal hatred to public, they brave to take the next phase. It's more like when the wounded washes his wound in the sea.

And there are those who move on in silence. They resent of course but they deem it unnecessary for the world to know how broken they are. No Facebook shoutout, no bitter GMs. They just sit in the recovery room, patiently waiting for the body to heal itself. They said these people move on after so long. But I think not. These are the people who already accepted change and have made themselves ready for another phase of what ever is next.

Hearts don't break even. Some may take a short time to find love or another interest while some may take moving on to the grave. We aren't made to be same in that area I suppose, in that "moving on" thing. So whenever we lose control of things after a sudden event of letting go, one thing is for sure: Moving on is, deeply necessary.

It's the second day of the training and I do not hear any ranting in the training room or sulking in one corner anymore. Everyone participated in the charades. I guess call center agents are trained to encounter loss and transition in fast pace. I think that is one good thing I can be thankful for.

The song tells it quite perfectly: Where do broken hearts go? Can they find their way home?

Yas Jayson

Panig sa Diyos at Bayan

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

5 palagay:

Kane said...

Not all do, not all. Some are lost forever. I hope not yours Yas =)

Kane

Jinjiruks said...

pareho pala tayong nasa training din, ok lang iyan. makakalagpas ka rin at mapagtatagumpayan!

Anonymous said...

call center puta ka pala ule? ano nang nangyayari sa pagiging guro mo?

Tsina said...

Nice. Gusto ko yung Hearts don't break even.

HappyVic said...

sometimes it's a defense mech..to be able to cope, one pretends not to hurt.

nice blog ^^
i'm a fan ^^