fix you

by Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5 palagay
I arrived before dawn that day expecting a cold gate and a dark alley to welcome me. That instead, I saw them heading, father and little sisters, to the chapel for the first Simbang Gabi. My father hated the church for many years. I saw him stood up and joined the line for communion. That day, after all those long years he was away, I knew he is finally home.

It is that one day I visit the family from many travels. All I remember is I was there in the kitchen fixing the fluorescent light with my father. I was there, with my heart in my mouth as I protect him from live wires.

And it dawned on me. Somehow that fixing is true. And that anything that was broken between us is fixed that day. And that we are both home.



Yas Jayson

Panig sa Diyos at Bayan

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

5 palagay:

Michael said...

nice

Pordoy Palaboy said...

I am glad you both find your way back home...

Jinjiruks said...

your best gift this Christmas.. home with your family!

BDI said...

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. "

-- M. Eckhart

I am stan said...

"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future."

I hope you had the best Christmas this year. I may not be there always, but I will always be here for you. I miss you.

:)