Dog

by Monday, April 08, 2013 5 palagay
I just returned from the clinic in West Ave to talk with the vet and get the lab results. My little girl, should she show good stool and try to eat some more, can be discharged tomorrow.

Max is a twelve weeks old dog, an aspin. I got her for two hundred fifty pesos from a woman who sold her in a shoebox in front of UPLB gate. She was tiny and feeble and cute and full of fleas when I brought her home. I brought her to the vet, got dewormed, and fed good puppy food. She became playful and clean. Zach, my sister's husky became her playmate. Max found a family.

Then when I need to keep up with the requirements of the seminary, my brother luckily offered to raise Max. That was one week ago. That was when she got the
infection.

She was dying, bleeding to death when I rushed her three nights ago. Max was about to die a sad puppy death, but I did not give up.



My housemates wonder why I chose to raise a street puppy. I am busy. I am broke. I am leaving. Should Max be a
breed dog, or should I not be leaving, will their questions change?

Motives. People always ask about that. Thinking about my actions to save one tiny puppy's life, it dawned on me. That we all sometimes need a little saving from another. And that we can all use of other's random act of love.

Max is a tiny and insignificant life. But that does not make her less to love. And this little saving is all that makes the difference.

Yas Jayson

Panig sa Diyos at Bayan

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.

5 palagay:

Anonymous said...

hey he's a cute dog! my dog's named max too. i have two aspins and a lab. they are quite a handful. hope max's ok though. parvo ba?

Nate said...

"That we all sometimes need a little saving from another. And that we can all use of other's random act of love." --- really nice, yas! :)

mike said...

first of, welcome back sir.

what a cute dog. she made sure to pose for the camera. sweet.

Anonymous said...

this is bittersweet.reading what happened after a few days made my heart sank..i felt sad for your dog's passing..i am sure that she is doggy heaven....

looking on the positive side, it's good to hear and see that there are still compassionate people in the world...who has the unconditional love not just for his fellowmen but for the animals as well...keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

i'll always miss that dog :(