I find it difficult to explain to people what I do for a living. Whenever asked what I specifically do at work, I stutter and my mind would playback so many roles I did (and still do) - sometimes I'm a health worker, a construction worker, a trainer, a farmer, a fisherman, a manager, a fundraiser, and a bellboy. "I am an all-around," would best describe what I do at work.
I'm a humanitarian worker. And basically, my work entrails travelling to disaster and conflict areas to protect and alleviate the condition of affected people. There is no one kind of humanitarian because there is no one kind of response to crisis and disasters. You will be surprised how small things such as teaching hand washing and small cash grants can make huge difference to people's lives. I am proud to be surrounded by friends and colleagues who risk their lives and conveniences to be with these people. I think being a humanitarian is a perfect example of "pag-aalay ng sarili" - oblation. Going for the broke, standing beside communities in solidarity, committed to making a difference - that's my oblation.
To all humanitarians I know, saludo! May you never get tired of going for the broke because #theworldneedsmore #humanitarianheroes like you.
You make me believe that this world is still beautiful. Therefore, this world is worth fighting for.


0 palagay:
Post a Comment