them first loves
I made a New Year's resolution to return to leisure reading as much as I can. With lesser work travels and an efficient team to work with in my last organization (I worked as resource development manager for a large Catholic development organization run by Good Shepherd Sisters until August this year), I was able to catch up with reading and with the turn of life decision which I decided to enter the seminary, I have more time to read and exploit the good selections in the seminary library. Since January, I had the pleasure of returning to my first love - literature.
1. Les Miserables (Victor Hugo)
Rullan sisters gave me a leather bound copy of for Christmas.
2. Lilies of the Field (William Edmund Barrett)
Before leaving, I decided to give my copy of this book to my boss, a nun of more or less equal proportion to Mother Maria, the antagonist.
3. What Makes A Man, short story (Leo Tolstoy)
4. How Much Land Does a Man Need, short story (Leo Tolstoy)
5. More Than Conquerors (Edilberto Tiempo)
6. Sacred Origin of Profound Things (Charles Panati)
7. Please Don't Eat The Daisies (Jean Kerr)
8. Silence (Shusuki Endo)
9. The Nice and Accurate Prophesy of Agnes Nutter, Witch (Neil Gaiman)
10. Angela's Ashes (Frank McCourt)
11. Come Together (Dom Helder Camara)
12. Pray with Me (Karl Rahner, SJ)
13. Road to Daybreak (Henri Nouwen)
14. Inferno (Dante Alighieri)
15. With Love and Laughter (Maryanne Childs, OP)
16. Vita Consacrata (John Paul II) ang weird ng selections ko haha.
If there is one thing I really enjoy in my life right now is the opportunity to read as many books that I want. And if you find me laughing by myself, it must probably be because I recalled a good chapter from a book. Please don't alert the officials.
This Christmas break, I will indulge myself with good films naman.
Yas Jayson
Panig sa Diyos at BayanTo see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.


1 palagay:
Yas! Masaya ako at masaya ka sa naging desisyon mo. Sana nayakap kita bago ka pumasok ng seminaryo. Hanggang sa muling pagkikita! :)
Babit
Post a Comment